Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- Gateway to Korea
- This is the official website of the Republic of Korea; it is managed by the Korean Overseas Information Service and it provides an enormous amount of detailed information on a variety of topics about South Korea.
- ABC Country Book
- This site offers a great introduction to the geography of South Korea. From the ABC Country Book of South Korea, the information is well organized and makes for easy reading. Viewers may decide to explore one particular aspect or read through the complete overview.
- Korean Tourism Organization
- Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) is a government-invested organization, responsible for all promotional activities, development of new tourism resources, research in the tourism industry area, and educating / training tourist workers in Korea.
- The University of Texas at Austin Library
- The University of Texas at Austin Library is the third largest public supported academic library in the United States. The mission of the University is to enrich the intellectual life people by fostering information discovery, enabling teaching and research, nurturing creativity, partnering in the development and dissemination of new knowledge, and contributing to the intellectual growth and fulfillment of the individual.
Maps of Korea
- National Institute of Environmental Research (NIER)
- The major activities of the NIER is to research survey and technical development for environmental conservation, setting criteria for environment pollution and standardization of determinative methods, international research cooperation and environmental data management for global conservation and environmental education.
- Atlapedia Online
- Atlapedia Online is owned and operated by Latimer Clarke Corporation Pty Ltd. Atlapedia provides viewers with country and regional maps of the world.
Physical MapPolitical Map
- UNESCO - World Heritage List
- The main objective of UNESCO is to contribute to peace and security in the world by promoting collaboration among nations through education, science, culture and communication in order to further universal respect for justice, for the rule of law and for the human rights and fundamental freedoms which are affirmed for the peoples of the world, without distinction of race, sex, language or religion, by the Charter of the United Nations. It is also responsible for the conservation and preservation of sites chosen for the list of World Heritage Sites by the World Heritage Committee.
Sokkuram Buddhist GrottoHaiensa Temple Changgyong P'ango, the Depositories for the Tripitaka Koreana WoodblocksChongmyo ShrineCh'angdokkung Palace ComplexHwasong Fortress
- Date Modified: