Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- Visit Mekong - Laos
- Visit Mekong is the official website for tourism in the Greater Mekong sub-region. Not only does this site provide travel information, it also provides historical and cultural information.
Geography and Climate
- The University of Texas at Austin Library
- The University of Texas at Austin Library is the third largest public supported academic library in the United States. The mission of the University is to enrich the intellectual life people by fostering information discovery, enabling teaching and research, nurturing creativity, partnering in the development and dissemination of new knowledge, and contributing to the intellectual growth and fulfillment of the individual.
Maps of Laos
- MapQuest is a division of GeoSystems Global Corporation. MapQuest's goal is to pioneer new ways for businesses and consumers to use interactive mapping on the World Wide Web. MapQuest is the leading provider of interactive mapping technology and services for Internet publishers. These interactive maps allow the viewer to scroll across terrain, zoom in and out - from regional down to city levels - and much more.
- The UNEP World Conservation Monitoring Centre
- The UNEP World Conservation Monitoring Centre provides information for policy and action to conserve the living world. Now an office of the UN based in Cambridge, UK, the Centre's work is an integral part of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya.
- UNESCO - World Heritage List
- The main objective of UNESCO is to contribute to peace and security in the world by promoting collaboration among nations through education, science, culture and communication in order to further universal respect for justice, for the rule of law and for the human rights and fundamental freedoms which are affirmed for the peoples of the world, without distinction of race, sex, language or religion, by the Charter of the United Nations. It is also responsible for the conservation and preservation of sites chosen for the list of World Heritage Sites by the World Heritage Committee.
Town of Luang Prabang
- Yahoo! Weather
- Yahoo! is an online navigational guide to the Web and is a database of links to other sites. Yahoo! Weather is brought to you by Weathernews inc. Weathernews is the largest provider of weather information and forecasts in the world. They have over 45 years of experience. Their graphics are the finest available anywhere, and their forecasts cover the globe. For eye-pleasing, accurate, on-line weather, count on the industry leader, Weathernews.
- Date Modified: