Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- The Foreign Ministry coordinates and carries out Dutch foreign policy at its headquarters in The Hague and through its missions abroad. It is likewise the channel through which the Dutch Government communicates with foreign governments and international organisations.
- Royal Netherlands Embassy in Ottawa, Canada
- This official website of the Royal Netherlands Embassy in Canada provides general information about the Netherlands from statistics and fun facts to detailed articles on the country's government, history and society.
Nature and Environment
- The University of Texas at Austin Library
- The University of Texas at Austin Library is the third largest public supported academic library in the United States. The mission of the University is to enrich the intellectual life people by fostering information discovery, enabling teaching and research, nurturing creativity, partnering in the development and dissemination of new knowledge, and contributing to the intellectual growth and fulfillment of the individual.
Maps of the Netherlands
- Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (PCL)
- The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection holds more than 230,000 maps covering every area of the world. The maps provided by this University of Texas at Austin are among the largest and fastest loading on the net. Viewers will need to take advantage of the two scroll bars provided to see the map in it's entirety.
Netherlands (Political) 1987 (267K)Netherlands (Shaded Relief) 1987 (320K)Netherlands (Small Map) 2000 (105K)
- UNESCO - World Heritage List
- The main objective of UNESCO is to contribute to peace and security in the world by promoting collaboration among nations through education, science, culture and communication in order to further universal respect for justice, for the rule of law and for the human rights and fundamental freedoms which are affirmed for the peoples of the world, without distinction of race, sex, language or religion, by the Charter of the United Nations. It is also responsible for the conservation and preservation of sites chosen for the list of World Heritage Sites by the World Heritage Committee.
Schokland and SurroundingsDefense Line of AmsterdamMill Network at Kinderdijk-ElshoutHistoric Area of Willemstad, Inner City, and Harbour, the Netherlands AntillesIr.D.F. Woudagemaal (D.F. Wouda Steam Pumping Station)
- Date Modified: