Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- The University of Texas at Austin Library
- The University of Texas at Austin Library is the third largest public supported academic library in the United States. The mission of the University is to enrich the intellectual life people by fostering information discovery, enabling teaching and research, nurturing creativity, partnering in the development and dissemination of new knowledge, and contributing to the intellectual growth and fulfillment of the individual.
Maps of Russia and the Former Soviet Republics
- Federal Agency for Tourism of the Russian Federation
- This is the official website of the Federal Agency for Tourism of the Russian Federation. It provides valuable reference information about Russia and its history and culture. This page allows access to geographical, climate and environmental protection information.
- World Travel Guide Online
- The World Travel Guide Online is brought to you by Columbus Press. This is the Internet's version of the best selling World Travel Guide. Every country in the world is presented in a easy to use, detailed and highly structured format.
- Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection (PCL)
- The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection holds more than 230,000 maps covering every area of the world. The maps provided by this University of Texas at Austin are among the largest and fastest loading on the net. Viewers will need to take advantage of the two scroll bars provided to see the map in it's entirety.
Russia (Small Map) 2001 (35K)Russia (Shaded Relief) 1994 (321K)Russia: Administrative Divisions 1994 (225K)Russia (Political) 1994 (424K)
- National Geographic
- The National Geographic Society online version was launched in 1996. Its mission is to explore, research and provide education in geography. The Software Publishers Association hailed the National Geographic Society in 1997 as the best site on the Web. This site helps you explore the world and all that is in it. Viewers can click on the interactive map to get a more detailed map and additional information on each individual state.
- Environment and Natural Resource Information Network - ENRIN
- ENRIN has as its objective to "improve access to environmental information for decision making." It does so by solidifying environmental information networks and by providing in-depth analysis of a country's state of the environment. ENRIN is a spin-off organization of the United Nations Environment Program's Global Resource Information Database. Its focus is on Central and Eastern Europe, and the Newly Independent States
Russia and ENRIN
- Date Modified: