Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- Atlapedia Online
- Atlapedia Online is owned and operated by Latimer Clarke Corporation Pty Ltd. Atlapedia maintains an impressive database of maps that provide both political and geographical views of the world.
Physical MapPolitical Map
- A Guide to Virtual Slovenia
- A Guide to Virtual Slovenia seems to be the product of several authors, many of which list the National Supercomputing Centre, J. Stefan Institute, as a mailing address. There is some information on individual authors but no information on the site's mandate or purpose was available in English. A Guide to Virtual Slovenia does offer general information on Slovenia.
- United Nations Web Site on National Implementation of the Rio Commitments
- This Sustainable Development Web site has been developed in response to decisions made by the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development at its third and fourth sessions. At its third session in April 1995, the Commission "noted the importance of developing, among the organizations of the United Nations system, a common or compatible system of access to their respective data bases, in order to share data fully, to streamline the collection and interpretation of data and to identify data gaps, for the purpose of providing more comprehensive and integrated data to decision-makers at national, regional and international levels." To address this issue, the Commission invited the Interagency Committee on Sustainable Development (IACSD) to refine measures for establishing such a common or compatible system and to report thereon to the Commission at its fourth session." Only official information of the United Nations system and Governments will be included on this Web Site.
- UNESCO - World Heritage List
- The main objective of UNESCO is to contribute to peace and security in the world by promoting collaboration among nations through education, science, culture and communication in order to further universal respect for justice, for the rule of law and for the human rights and fundamental freedoms which are affirmed for the peoples of the world, without distinction of race, sex, language or religion, by the Charter of the United Nations. It is also responsible for the conservation and preservation of sites chosen for the list of World Heritage Sites by the World Heritage Committee.
- Environment and Natural Resource Information Network - ENRIN
- ENRIN has as its objective to "improve access to environmental information for decision making." It does so by solidifying environmental information networks and by providing in-depth analysis of a country's state of the environment. ENRIN is a spin-off organization of the United Nations Environment Program's Global Resource Information Database. Its focus is on Central and Eastern Europe, and the Newly Independent States.
- Date Modified: