Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- The University of Texas at Austin Library
- The University of Texas at Austin Library is the third largest public supported academic library in the United States. The mission of the University is to enrich the intellectual life people by fostering information discovery, enabling teaching and research, nurturing creativity, partnering in the development and dissemination of new knowledge, and contributing to the intellectual growth and fulfillment of the individual.
Maps of Syria
- Atlapedia Online
- Atlapedia Online is owned and operated by Latimer Clarke Corporation Pty Ltd. Atlapedia maintains an impressive database of maps that provide both political and geographical views of the world.
Physical MapPolitical Map
- Al-Mashriq - The Levant
- Al-Mashriq is a repository for cultural multimedia information from the Levant (Al-Mashriq) in general and Lebanon in particular. At the present (March, 1998) it contains over 15 000 ducuments and is still growing. It was started as an initiative by Berthe Chouery and Borre Ludvigsen in 1993. Here Al-Mashriq looks at one of the most intriguing of Syria's cities.
The Lure of Aleppo
- National Geographic Society
- The National Geographic Society online version was launched in 1996. Its mission is to explore, research and provide education in geography. The Software Publishers Association hailed the National Geographic Society in 1997 as the best site on the Web. This site helps you explore the world and all that is in it. Viewers can click on the interactive flag and map to get a more detailed view of the picture.
- Date Modified: