Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- BBC World News
- The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) has-earned a worldwide reputation for authoritative, accurate and expeditious news and current affairs coverage. It has become the world's largest news-gathering organisation, with 2,000 journalists and 42 overseas newsgathering bureaux.
BBC World News and Search Engine
- Internews - Kyrgyzstan works in support of over 20 regional, non-governmental TV stations and 25 radio stations. Support includes journalism and management training, legal support, marketing consultation, technical and computer assistance as well as the facilitation of news exchange programs.
- 24 News Agency
- 24 News Agency is a new project on mass media market of Kyrgyzstan. The agency “24.kg” was registered at the Ministry of Justice of the Kyrgyz Republic on February 22, 2006. They purpose is to provide a wide spectrum of informational services to state, corporate, and private structures.
- Kabar is an online resource for the latest government related headlines and news articles from and about the Kyrgyz Republic.
Kabar English Homepage
- U.S. Library of Congress
- The United States Library of Congress represents America's largest repository of knowledge. It presents information from a continuing series of books prepared by the Federal Research Division of the Library of Congress under the Country Studies/Area Handbook Program sponsored by the Department of the Army. The information is fairly recent and gives a detailed view of an area or nation.Area Analysis
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL)
- Radio Free Europe broadcasts in twenty-four Eastern European languages. RFE/RL's objective is to ensure a free flow of factual news, opinion, and the ideas that can stir the imaginations for a more peaceful world. This site offers radio broadcasts, RFE/RL Newsline (a weekday report of developments in Eastern Europe, Russia, Caucasus, Central Asia, and the Balkans), Weekday Magazine (for in-depth analyses and features) and Special Reports (available online or as a subscription email service, covering either Eastern Europe, Bosnia, or Caucasus).
Newsline Today: Transcaucasia & Central AsiaKyrgyz Report, news briefs twice a week
- OneWorld Online
- OneWorld Online is a partnership: over 100 organisations working for human rights and sustainable development. They're working together to broadcast an alternative world agenda, an agenda for a fairer world. British charity involved in development, justice and broadcasting provides news on human rights, with a searchable archive.
News Service: KyrgyzstanToday's Headlines
- Institute for Journalism in Transition
- Their aim is to provide a useful resource for journalists, scholars, students, and anyone else interested in the evolving societies and emerging markets of the post-communist world -- Central Europe, Eastern Europe, Southeastern Europe, Russia, Transcaucasia, and Central Asia.
recent stories on Kyrgyzstan Newsstand (headlines and links to local papers)
- Date Modified: