Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- KBS World
- KBS WORLD Radio, the voice of Korea, is the nation's sole foreign language promotional broadcast of Korea for the entire world. Its maiden transmission was aired in a 15-minute English broadcast back in August 15th, 1953 under the station name "The Voice of Free Korea". KBS WORLD Radio now broadcasts in Korean, Japanese, French, Russian, Chinese, Spanish, Indonesian, Arabic and German as well, for a total of 11 languages.
KBS English Homepage
- The Chosun Ilbo
- The Chosun Ilbo's ideals date back to April 1933 when the country was under Japanese colonial rule. The paper's publisher Bang Ung-mo and president Cho Man-shik, an independence fighter, were at the forefront of formulating principles that have held good ever since.
- Dong-A Ilbo
- Dong-A Ilbo is an internet journal for the 21st century. With the inaugeration of an independent Internet news coverage headquarters, Dong-A Ilbo is now building an image as a forward looking media enterprise.
- JoongAng Daily
- JoongAng is Korea's leading daily high quality English language newspaper. It provides you with major articles, business coverage and social activities plus an introduction to Korean culture.
- The Korea Herald
- Since its inception in 1953 to serve as "Korea's window to the world," Herald Media has been a pioneer and a leader in Korea's knowledge-information industries.
- Asiaweek Online
- Asiaweek Online is produced weekly by Asiaweek magazine and was developed by Time Inc. Asia .
- The Korea Herald
- Established in 1953, the Korea Herald is the country's foremost English-language newspaper. Its website offers access to both the current edition and a searchable archive of past publications.
- Radio Free Asia
- Radio Free Asia (RFA) is a private, non-profit corporation broadcasting news and information in 9 languages to listeners in Asia who do not have access to full and free news media. The purpose of RFA is to deliver accurate and timely news, information and commentary and to provide a forum for a variety of opinions and voices from within Asian countries.
- Date Modified: