Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- The News Media
- From the homepage of the Royal Netherlands Embassy, in Washington, D.C. "Freedom of expression is a cornerstone of the Dutch democratic system...the Dutch government pursues policies to maintain the independence and plural character of the media." A summary of the media and Dutch policy in the Netherlands.
The News Media
- Radio Netherlands
- Radio Netherlands is the Dutch world broadcaster and multimedia organisation. Although government-funded, Radio Netherlands stands apart from official bureaucracy in word and in fact; our multilingual programming is protected by a charter of editorial independence. Through this independence we have gained a reputation for impartial and objective reporting and commentary.
- CNN World
- CNN Interactive is the on-line service operated by Cable News Network, Inc. CNN World News provides up to date news and information services from sources around the world.
News Search Engine
- Dutch News
- DutchNews.nl is an independent initative by a group of experienced English-language journalists based in the Netherlands: Abi Daruvalla and Robin Pascoe.
- Netherlands Government Information Service
- This official Government website provides currents news headlines and articles about the Government.
- NIS News Bulletin
- NIS News Bulletin is the longest-running Dutch daily newspaper in English. Its history goes back to 1965 when the then state news agency ANP started a newsletter in English for the foreign community, called ANP News Bulletin. In 1997, Netherlands Info Services BV (NIS) acquired the journal and continued it under its current name, NIS News Bulletin.
- Dutch Public Broadcasting Organisations
- From here the viewer can visit the English-language Internet services of various branches of Dutch Public Broadcasting.
- Date Modified: