Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- Government of the Republic of Cuba
- The official web site of the Government of the Republic of Cuba provides information, direct from Cuba about the government, foreign affairs and the country's economic and social development. There is also access to other important information, such as nation symbols, a historical website, details of the provinces and municipalities and links to other official web sites.
- The Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU)
- The IPU is the world organization of parliaments of sovereign States. It was established in 1889. The Union is the focal point for world-wide parliamentary dialogue and works for peace and co-operation among peoples and for the firm establishment of representative democracy.
National Assembly of the People's PowerElectoral SystemLast ElectionsParliamentary MandatePresidency of the Parliament
- Personal Homepage on Che Guevara
- An unknown author has collected this biography of Che Guevara with photographs and links.
BiographyPoliticsChe is on the 3 pesos note in CubaChe LinksOther Links
- Roberto Ortíz de Zárate's Political Collections (ZPC)
- The personal homepage of Roberto Ortíz de Zárate's Political Collections (ZPC)is a chronological listing heads of State and Government, ruling terms and decease dates. Further info (other offices, kind of contemporary leaders from 185 countries and three international organizations. Each file offers the regime, party in power) is also provided in some cases.
Leaders of Cuba
- U.S. State Department
- Country Commercial Guides (CCG's) are prepared annually by U.S. embassies with the assistance of several U.S. government agencies. These reports present a comprehensive look at countries' commercial environments, using economic, political and market analysis. The CCG's were established by recommendation of the Trade Promotion Coordinating Committee (TPCC), a multi-agency task force, to consolidate various reporting documents prepared for the U.S. business community.
Cuba: State Department Background NotesCuba Country Report on Human Rights Practices for 1997
- Europe's Forum on International Cooperation (Euforic) is a focal point for communities involved in Europe's international cooperation. Euforic aims to be an information resource and forum for discussion between, on the one side, organisations in Europe and, on the other, those in developing countries.
Cuba: a newcomer to the ACP familyEC has approved humanitarian aid for projects in Cuba, Albania, Kyrgyztan and TurkeyThis Week in Europe: Weekly Letter on Caribbean-Europe Relations, 21 May 1998This Week in Europe: Weekly Letter on Caribbean-Europe Relations, 20 March 1998This Week in Europe: Weekly Letter on Caribbean-Europe Relations, 21 November 1997Caribbean Council for Europe. 1997. This Week in Europe: Weekly Letter on Caribbean-Europe Relations, 5 December 1997Cuba is open to dialogue with the EU and prepared to sign the Cotonou AgreementEU and US are still battling over CubaCARIBBEAN/LATIN AMERICA: Regional Assault on Helms-Burton Act
- Brothers to the Rescue
- This is the home page for the Cuban refugee organization whose planes were shot down by the Cuban Air Force in February 1996. Read their account of the events that day. This Web site is in English and Spanish, with news, articles, opinion, and a "repatriations photo gallery."
Brothers to the Rescue
- Date Modified: