Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- National People's Assembly
- This is the official website of the National People's Assembly of Algeria. It provides valuable information about the Assembly, its role and function, activities, laws, other institutions and external relations.
National Assembly Homepage
- The Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU)
- The IPU is the world organization of parliaments of sovereign States. It was established in 1889. The Union is the focal point for world-wide parliamentary dialogue and works for peace and co-operation among peoples and for the firm establishment of representative democracy.
Al-Majlis Al-Chaabi Al-WataniMajlis al-OummaLast Elections
- The Permanent Mission of Algeria to the United Nations
- This website will provide you with a full range of information about the activities of the Mission and the positions of Algeria concerning the numerous issues discussed within the United Nation's headquarters in New York. This site also offers information on Algeria and its major institutions. The news is available through the links to the pluralist national media. To the left of the page you will find the About Algeria rubric where you will find other poltical categories such as the Constitution, the President and Parliament.
- Elections Around the World
- Wilfried Derken's Elections Around the World is a database that includes files on every independent country in the world. It includes recent election results from around the world.
- Amnesty International
- Amnesty International is a worldwide campaigning movement that works to promote all the human rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international standards. In particular, Amnesty International campaigns to free all prisoners of conscience; ensure fair and prompt trials for political prisoners; abolish the death penalty, torture and other cruel treatment of prisoners; end political killings and "disappearances"; and oppose human rights abuses by opposition groups.
AI Annual Report entry (2003)
- Created by the Center for International Business Education and Research at Michigan State University (MSU-CIBER), globalEDGE™ is a knowledge web-portal that connects international business professionals worldwide to a wealth of information, insights, and learning resources on global business activities.
Government of Algeria
- Governments on the WWW
- This is a comprehensive database of governmental institutions on the World Wide Web: parliaments, ministries, offices, law courts, embassies, city councils, public broadcasting corporations, central banks, multi-governmental institutions etc. Includes also political parties.
Algerian Government on the WWW
- Date Modified: