Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- Jamaica Information Service - Government of Jamaica
- The mission of the Jamaican Information Service is to inform and educate the public about Government's policies and programmes so as to increase awareness, understanding and support for these policies and programmes.
- Cabinet Office of the Government of Jamaica
- The Cabinet of the Government of Jamaica is the principal instrument of government policy. Its mission is to provide the Prime Minister and his Cabinet with high quality information and policy advisory services leading to sound and timely Cabinet decisions which are effectively implemented by line Ministries and to lead to reform of the Public Service to one that is more efficient, effective, accountable, and that treats the public as valuable customers.
- U.S. State Department - Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs
- This site is managed by the Office of Electronic Information, Bureau of Public Affairs and is a portal for information from the U.S. State Department.
Government and Political Conditions of Jamaica
- Created by the Center for International Business Education and Research at Michigan State University (MSU-CIBER), globalEDGE™ is a knowledge web-portal that connects international business professionals worldwide to a wealth of information, insights, and learning resources on global business activities.
Government of Jamaica
- Jamaican Labour Party (JLP)
- The JLP is the party of opposition in the current Jamaican national government. Their homepage offers information on the party, its philosophy and its leaders.
- The Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU)
- The IPU is the world organization of parliaments of sovereign States. It was established in 1889. The Union is the focal point for world-wide parliamentary dialogue and works for peace and co-operation among peoples and for the firm establishment of representative democracy.
House of RepresentativesSenate
- Date Modified: