Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- Tweede Kamer - Dutch House of Prepresentatives
- As in most democracies one of the main tasks of the Tweede Kamer is to control the government. In a conflict between the government and the Tweede Kamer, therefore, the Tweede Kamer has the last word. Another main task of the House of Representatives is to enact legislation and amend existing legislation to changing circumstances, together with the government and the Senate.
- Eerste Kamer - Dutch Senate
- In this document you will find general information about the election, procedures and history of the Dutch Senate. To the left of the page you will find the option to change the language to English.
- The Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU)
- The IPU is the world organization of parliaments of sovereign States. It was established in 1889. The Union is the focal point for world-wide parliamentary dialogue and works for peace and co-operation among peoples and for the firm establishment of representative democracy.
Tweede Kamer der Staten-GeneraalEerste Kamer der Staten-Generaal
- Elections Around the World
- Wilfried Derken's Elections Around the World is a database that includes files on every independent country in the world. It includes recent election results from around the world.
- Governments on the WWW
- This is a comprehensive database of governmental institutions on the World Wide Web: parliaments, ministries, offices, law courts, embassies, city councils, public broadcasting corporations, central banks, multi-national organisations and political parties are all included. This database has been online since June 1995 and as of April 1999 contains more than 12000 entries from 219 countries and territories. This list will link the viewer directly to the websites of many of the Netherland's government agencies - some of which offer information only in the Dutch language.
Government of Holland on the WWW
- Date Modified: