Links to the best Web sites for virtually every country in the world.
Answers to your intercultural questions from a Canadian and a local point of view.
- Communication Styles
- Display of Emotion
- Dress, Punctuality & Formality
- Preferred Managerial Qualities
- Hierarchy and Decision-making
- Religion, Class, Ethnicity, & Gender
- Privileges and Favouritism
- Conflicts in the Workplace
- Motivating Local Colleagues
- Recommended Books, Films & Foods
- In-country Activities
- National Heroes
- Shared Historical Events with Canada
- The Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU)
- The IPU is the world organization of parliaments of sovereign States. It was established in 1889. The Union is the focal point for world-wide parliamentary dialogue and works for peace and co-operation among peoples and for the firm establishment of representative democracy.
- Sejm - Official Site
- The official site of the Sejm or House of Representatives is so far in Polish only. It seems to describe the Sejm's activities and contains an archive of official publications and a list of representatives.
- The Senate of the Republic of Poland
- This is a site in both Polish and English. It contains a list of senators, an archive of documents, a directory for representatives of the Polish government, and pictures of the Senate chamber.
The Senate of the Republic of Poland Homepage
- Governments on the WWW
- This is a comprehensive database of governmental institutions on the World Wide Web: parliaments, ministries, offices, law courts, embassies, city councils, public broadcasting corporations, central banks, multi-national organisations and political parties are all included. This database has been online since June 1995 and as of April 1999 contains more than 12000 entries from 219 countries and territories. This list will link the viewer directly to the websites of many of Poland's government agencies - most of which offer information in a Polish only format.
Index of Political Resources in Poland
- Date Modified: