This Web page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Annual Report to Parliament on the Administration of the Export and Import Permits Act
Economic Significance of Import Permits
Graphic representation of issued import permits by commodity (excluding steel commodity for which 111,222 permits were issued). In 2012, over 178,000 permits were issued.
- 2,875 permits for beef and veal;
- 8,136 permits for chicken and chicken products;
- 11,650 permits for cheese;
- 5,186 permits for dairy products;
- 2,049 permits for broiler hatching eggs and chicks;
- 1,994 permits for eggs and egg products;
- 781 permits for turkey and turkey products;
- 440 permits for margarine;
- 644 permits for wheat and barley;
- 31,443 permits for textiles and clothing;
- 2,348 permits for weapons and munitions.
Import Permit Applications
Graphic representation of import permits processed in 2012 for agriculture and dairy products, steel products and weapons and munitions.
- 178,768 applications approved;
- 11,948 applications rejected;
- 7,841 permits cancelled.
Tarrif Rate Quota Vs. Imports
Graphic representation of Tarrif Rate Quotas (TRQ) versus imports for wheat, wheat products, barley, and barley products.
- Wheat: 226,883 tonnes (TRQ) vs. 31,213 tonnes (imports);
- Wheat products: 123,557 tonnes (TRQ) vs. 154,819 tonnes (imports);
- Barley: 399,000 tonnes (TRQ) vs. 40,788 tonnes (imports);
- Barley products: 19,131 tonnes (TRQ) vs. 23,900 tonnes (imports).
Economic Significance of Export Permits
Graphic representation of issued export permits by commodity. In 2012, over 289,000 permits were issued.
- 6,191 permits for sugar;
- 1475 permits for peanut butter;
- 86,763 permits for clothing and textiles;
- 179,805 permits for softwood lumber;
- 8,940 permits for ECL 5101 Logs;
- 9 permits for ECL 5102 Pulpwood;
- 2,165 permits for GRP 1 Dual Use;
- 3,301 permits for GRP 2 Munitions;
- 254 permits for GRP 3 Non-Proliferation;
- 85 permits for GRP 4 Nuclear;
- 211 permits for GRP 5 Goods and technology;
- 132 permits for GRP 6 Missile;
- 56 permits for GRP 7 Chemical.
Export Control List Applications
Graphic representation of export permit applications processed in 2012 for goods or technology included on the Export Control List.
- 15,153 permits issued;
- 5 applications denied;
- 620 applications withdrawn;
- 309 applications returned without action.
Softwood Lumber permit Applications
Graphic representation of softwood lumber permit applications processed in 2012.
- 179,805 permits issued;
- 3,762 applications rejected;
- 6,519 permits cancelled.
Agricultural Export Applications
Graphic representation of agricultural export permits processed in 2012.
- 7,666 permits issued (6,191 for sugar, 1475 for peanut butter);
- 359 applications rejected (331 for sugar, 28 for peanut butter);
- 556 permits cancelled (494 for sugar, 62 for peanut butter).
Permits and Certifcates Issued
Graphic representation of import certificate and delivery verification certificates issues in 2011 (excludes Steel products).
- 178,768 import permits;
- 289,490 export permits;
- 3,855 import certificates;
- 301 delivery verifications.
- Date Modified: