Language selection


Working at the Embassy of Canada to France

Part of the Embassy staff is composed of diplomats from the Canadian Foreign Service.

When recruitment campaigns are being held by the Public Service Canadian Commission (PSCC), Canadians residing in France and who have registered in a recruitment campaign through the PSCC, may have the possibility to take the Post-graduate recruitment campaign tests at the Canadian Embassy in Paris which serves then as a test administration center.

The rest of the Embassy staff is locally engaged. From time to time employment opportunities arise and the vacancies are posted on our web site. They are only open to people already residing in France, or with valid working papers. Please do not submit your application unless you satisfy these conditions.

Post-Secondary CO-OP/Internship program

This program aims to provide post-secondary students an employment opportunity which lasts at least 4 months and is part of their curriculum. It is a great way to acquire hands-on experience while putting their energy, enthusiasm and skills to good use within the Embassy.

Eligibility criteria

The Embassy of Canada adheres to the "Post-Secondary Co-op/Internship Program" of the Federal Public Service.

The eligibility criteria to apply for an internship at the Canadian Embassy in France are:

  1. Full-time enrollment in a recognized COOP program at a Canadian university. This program can be a joint program with a French institution. 
  2. Credits are received for the internship; and
  3. The internship is mandatory for graduation. 

If you believe you meet these criteria, we encourage you to apply directly through your university COOP program. The Embassy is not able to accept applications directly.

Canadian citizenship

Applications from non-Canadians that satisfy the criteria in points 1, 2 and 3 may be considered, but preference will be given to students who are Canadian citizens.

Canadian participants in the Canada-France Working Holiday Program

Are you Canadian, currently in France with a 2E "Vacances Travail" (Working Holiday) visa?

Are you looking for a short-term contract to work in France?

From time to time, the Embassy hires casual employees.

Your application must include the following documents as electronic attachments:

Send your application by email only to with the following reference: WHP Canada-France

Report a problem on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, please contact us.

Date Modified: