Engaging with the Office
Español (.PDF – 199 KB)
All stakeholders, including companies, can play an important role in promoting responsible business practices and making the Office of the Extractive Sector Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Counsellor aware of potential issues concerning a Canadian extractive (mining, oil and gas) operation abroad.
A concern or knowledge of existing or emerging situations can be brought to the attention of the Office by anyone, including:
- Individuals, groups or communities affected by exploration, development or operations associated with Canadian extractive activities;
- National or international non-government organizations or civil society organizations;
- Canadian companies or industry organizations;
- Government of Canada officials in Canada or at offices abroad; or
- Host country governments at central or local levels.
If you have a concern about a Canadian extractive operation abroad, we can help you understand your options for addressing the issue. Options may include informal or formal dialogue facilitation by the Office (through its early intervention or Review and Mediation Process), or assistance with the referral of the issue to Canada’s National Contact Point for the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)'s Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises on responsible business conduct.
Contact the Office of the CSR Counsellor.
- Date Modified: