Research and analysis
Analytic paper series
- The Canada-China global commerce picture and supply chain links (PDF version)
- Geographic export diversity
- Products with limited international supply for Canada
- Growing Canada’s exports to overseas markets by 50 percent – 2019 update
- Women-owned SMEs and trade barriers
- Canada’s export diversity by product
- Canadian direct investment in developing countries: a descriptive analysis
- Growing Canada’s exports to overseas markets by 50 percent
- Canada’s merchandise trade performance with the EU under CETA
- Women-owned exporting small and medium enterprises
Areas of research in which the Office of the Chief Economist is engaged.
Global Value Chains
- Survey of Innovation and Business Strategy (SIBS)
A joint project by: Industry Canada; Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada; and, Statistics Canada designed to address gaps in Canada’s understanding of the factors that drive and impede business innovation, technology adoption and involvement in Global Value Chains (GVCs).
- The Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement: Economic Impact Assessment – 2020 (.pdf, 2MB)
- An index of Canada-U.S. economic integration
- NAFTA @ 10
- NAFTA @ 10 – A preliminary report
Trade policy research
An annual publication of trade-related research and analysis undertaken within and on behalf of the department over the preceding year.
- Trade Policy Research 2011: Global Value Chains - Impacts and Implications
- Trade Policy Research 2010: Exporter Dynamics and Productivity
- Trade Policy Research 2007
- Trade Policy Research 2006
External studies commissioned by the Office of the Chief Economist.
- Identifying the Next Generation of Canadian Priority Markets - A Preliminary Analysis
- Impact of FTAs on Canadian Auto Industry
- Date Modified: