Renewing Canada’s International Education Strategy
Canada's current International Education Strategy (IES) expires on March 31, 2024. Global Affairs Canada (GAC), in collaboration with Employment and Social Development Canada and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada are consulting stakeholders based on their mandates. In summer 2023, feedback from these consultations will be consolidated to inform the final version of the IES.
GAC has launched consultations with provincial and territorial governments as well as with education associations and institutions. The IES consultations will continue until June 30, 2023.
IES planning papers
To support the consultation process, GAC has developed a series of papers on Canada’s international education landscape.
These papers include the four proposed pillars of the revised strategy:
- Digital marketing
- Education agents
Four thematic papers:
- Digitalization of international education
- Increasing participation of Indigenous students
- Sustainability and climate change
- Alumni strategy
Five sectoral papers:
- Universities (undergraduate and graduate programs)
- Colleges, institutes, polytechnics and vocational training
- Elementary and secondary schools (K-12)
- Language training (ESL and FSL)
- French language institutions outside of Quebec
GAC invites feedback on these papers and other aspects of the IES until June 30, 2023.
- Contact us by email: IESconsultationsSEI2023@international.gc.ca
- Date Modified: