LGBTQ2 trade mission to Philadelphia
In partnership with the Canadian Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC), the Honourable Jim Carr, the Minister of International Trade Diversification, will lead the first-ever LGBTQ2 business mission to Philadelphia, United States.
Delegates will participate in the 2018 National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) International Business & Leadership Conference to learn about supplier diversity opportunities, network, and to promote their products and services to international buyers and suppliers.
Event: NGLCC International Business Leadership Conference
Date: August-14-17, 2018
City: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Sector of focus
Trade mission features
- Unique networking opportunities – make connections at the Marketplace Expo at the NGLCC conference and gain access to U.S. Fortune 500 companies.
- B2B matchmaking – LGBTQ2-certified companies will be eligible for matchmaking organized through the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce.
- Robust programming – Whether your objective is to learn about supplier diversity, build and strengthen your networks, explore new business options, the NGLCC Conference offers a wide variety of plenary tracks for corporations, suppliers, LGBTQ2 entrepreneurs and affiliate chambers.
- Face-time with Minister Carr and other senior government officials: As part of the trade mission, delegates will have access to Minister Carr and to other senior government officials through specialized programming.
What is the NGLCC International Business and Leadership Conference?
The NGLCC International Business & Leadership Conference introduces participants to supplier diversity opportunities through exclusive access to large U.S. and multinational companies, governments and non-profits. It is the largest supplier diversity event in the world organized for the LGBTQ2 business community.
NGLCC International Business Leadership is a world-renowned educational conference that delivers innovative leadership and cutting edge educational programs. The event will attract over 1300 entrepreneurs, corporate decision-makers, affiliate chamber leaders and government officials from across the country and around the world. Connections made at the conference can be the basis for contracting opportunities and strategic growth.
Who should participate?
- Canadian LGBTQ2 SMEs* looking to learn more about U.S. supplier-diversity programs and/or seeking supplier-diversity opportunities in the U.S.
- Corporate Members of CGLCC seeking networking opportunities with LGBTQ2 suppliers and American business networks
*SMEs must either currently be a certified LGBT+ business enterprise through the CGLCC, or be eligible for certification as an LGBT+ business enterprise. To be eligible for certification, a company must operate as a for-profit enterprise in Canada and be at least 51% owned, operated, and controlled by Canadian residents that identify as LGBT+. For more information on eligibility, visit the CGLCC information page.
Program at a glance
- Roundtable with Minister Carr
- Networking breakfast with American suppliers hosted by the CGLCC
- Innovative programming from the NGLCC International Business & Leadership Conference including:
- Educational plenary tracks
- Multiple networking opportunities and receptions
- Matchmaking for LGBTQ2-certified organizations
- A Marketplace Expo
- NGLCC Conference fee varies based on registration type. SMEs will have access to a preferential rate. To get the code for the preferential rate, contact TradeMissions.BST@international.gc.ca
- Costs for conference registration, flights, accommodations and other travel expenses are the responsibilities of each participant
Hotel and travel
- Visit the Hotel & Travel tab on the NGLCC Conference website to take advantage of discounted airfare and a special conference rate for rooms at the Philadelphia Downtown Marriott hotel (attached to the conference centre).
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for discount codes on air fare with Air Canada, WestJet or American airlines.
- Contact TradeMissions.BST@international.gc.ca to obtain registration instructions and the promotional code for the NGLCC Conference fee.
- Register for the NGLCC International Business & Leadership Conference.
- Once we receive confirmation of your NGLCC registration, one of our Trade Commissioners will contact you with more information about the trade mission.
Interested? Contact TradeMissions.BST@international.gc.ca for more information.
Looking to certify your company as LGBTQ2?
Contact Darrell Schuurman, CEO of the Canadian Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- Date Modified: