Global Affairs Canada - Contact Us

Services and programs contact information

Note: Global Affairs Canada does not deal with immigration issues. Visit Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Need a specific Global Affairs Canada employee? Search the Government of Canada Employee Directory.

Access to Information and Privacy

  • Make a request under the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act.
  • You must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or individual or corporation currently present in Canada.

Authentication of documents

  • Authenticating a document, also called legalization, certifies that documents are genuine so other jurisdictions or countries will recognize them as valid. Authenticating a document is free.


Education in Canada and abroad

General information for the Government of Canada

International development

Media inquiries


Sanctions information

Visit the Global Affairs Canada economic sanctions page for listings of current sanctions, and much more.

You can reach the Economic Law Section (JLHB) at:


Fax: 613-992-2467

Global Affairs Canada
Economic Law Section (JLHB)
125 Sussex Drive

Ottawa, Ontario
Canada K1A 0G2

Social media

  • Connect with Global Affairs Canada offices in Canada or abroad using a variety of social media and digital tools. Receive reliable and timely information about GAC programs, policies and latest achievements.

Technical help

Trade relations

Travel information

General questions

Fill out our online form.


1-800-267-8376 (toll-free in Canada)
613-944-4000 (in the National Capital Region and outside Canada)


Enquiries Service (LOS)
Global Affairs Canada
125 Sussex Drive

Ottawa, ON
K1A 0G2

Date Modified: