Disclosure of grant and contribution awards worth more than $25,000
This section provides information on grants and contributions awarded by the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade. It will be updated every three months to include information on grants and contributions awarded in the previous fiscal year quarter.
The rules and principles governing government grants and contributions are outlined in the Treasury Board Policy on Transfer Payments.
Transfer payments are transfers of money, goods, services or assets made from an appropriation to individuals, organizations or other levels of government, without the federal government directly receiving goods or services in return, but which may require the recipient to provide a report or other information subsequent to receiving payment.
These expenditures are reported in the Public Accounts of Canada. The major types of transfer payments are grants, contributions and 'other transfer payments'.
Included in this category, but not to be reported under proactive disclosure of awards, are:
- transfers to other levels of government such as Equalization payments as well as Canada Health and Social Transfer payments;
- grants and contributions reallocated or otherwise redistributed by the recipient to third parties; and
- information that would normally be withheld under the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act.
The following reports are available:
- Global Affairs Canada (from 2013)
- Foreign Affairs (2004 to 2013)
- International Trade (2004 to 2013)
- International Development (2005 to 2013)
- Date Modified: