This Web page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
NAFTA - Chapter 11 - Investment
Other Cases Related to NAFTA Chapter 11
Democracy Watch and CUPE v. the Attorney General of Canada
In May 2001, Democracy Watch and the Canadian Union of Public Employees filed a Notice of Application in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice seeking to declare Chapter 11 of the NAFTA unconstitutional and of no force and effect to the extent that it is inconsistent with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Hearing dates have not been set in this case.
Legal Documents (all documents are in pdf)
Copies of all legal documents posted have been prepared in a language of operation of the Tribunal or Court in question. The Government of Canada has not modified or changed them in any way. As such they have not been translated from the original. They are provided in Acrobat (pdf) files. To view or download pdf files you need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ a free software that you can download from the web.
- Notice of Application (PDF Document - 1.44 MB) - May 28, 2001
- In support of the Applicant: Affidavit of D. Conacher (PDF Document - 556 KB) - June 6, 2002
- In support of the Applicant: Affidavit of M. Mahy (PDF Document - 623 KB) - June 28, 2002
- In support of the Applicant: Affidavit of J. Darcy (PDF Document - 422 KB) - July 23, 2002
- In support of the Respondent: Affidavit of J. Crawford (PDF Document - 6.00 MB) - April 14, 2003
- In support of the Respondent: Affidavit of J. Paulsson (PDF Document - 1.94 MB) - May 19, 2003
- In support of the Respondent: Affidavit of D. MacKenzie (PDF Document - 310 KB) - December 18, 2003
Back to the main menu "Dispute Settlement - NAFTA Chapter 11"
- Date Modified: