Public consultations: Canada’s Administration of the Tariff Rate Quota for Sugar-Containing Products for Export to the United States (WTO-SCP) and the Origin Quota for High-Sugar Containing Products for Export to the European Union and its Members States (CETA-HSCP)
Current status: Closed
- In keeping with Global Affairs Canada’s practice, the Government of Canada is seeking input from Canadians on the administration of WTO-SCP and CETA-HSCP quotas as part of an overall review of these administration policies.
- To ensure efficiency and effectiveness in developing and administering administration policies, the Government of Canada is seeking the views of stakeholders with an interest in the administration of these two quotas.
Purpose of consultation
- The purpose of this consultation is to receive stakeholders’ views specifically on the administration of the WTO-SCP and CETA-HSCP quotas, including the allocation methodologies, the eligibility criteria and the return, the reallocation and the under-utilization policies.
- The information collected through this consultative exercise are an important element of Global Affairs Canada’s review of the administration policies for these two quotas.
Who should participate?
This consultation is open to the Canadian public and everyone is invited to share their ideas.
The Government of Canada invites any Canadian stakeholder with an interest in the trade-related aspects of sugar to provide input.
Global Affairs Canada would like to hear from:
- the Canadian public
- producers, processors, further processors, distributors, retailers and exporters
- Indigenous groups
- national and provincial industry associations
- small, medium and large enterprises
- national, provincial, territorial and regional associations
- other interested stakeholders
It is important to have a breadth and diversity of views represented through this consultation process.
Please read the privacy notice statement carefully prior to sending a written submission.
How to participate?
- To participate in the consultation, interested parties are encouraged to review the background information and provide feedback through the online questionnaire.
- If you are unable to access the online questionnaire, please contact us for assistance at: TIN-Consultations@international.gc.ca.
- Notice to exporters –Serial 183 – September 14, 2012- Sugar-Containing Products for Export to the United States (Item 520 on Canada’s Export Control List)
- Origin Quotas (OQ) under the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA)
- Notice to exporters –Serial No. 214- October 2, 2018 – High-Sugar Containing Products for Export to the European Union and its Member States (Item 5205 on Canada’s Export Control List)
- CETA Table of contents
- CUSMA Table of contents
Non-supply managed trade controls (TIN)
Global Affairs Canada
111 Sussex Drive,
Ottawa ON K1A 0G2
- Date Modified: