Message to Industry – Opening of the Application Period for Dairy Export Thresholds under CUSMA: Clarifications
On June 3, 2020, Global Affairs Canada (GAC) published Notice to Exporters, Serial #993 Skim Milk Powder and Milk Protein Concentrate Export Thresholds. We wish to inform you that GAC has made the following clarifications:
- The production of liquid MPC does not count towards the market share allocation calculation. To that end:
- In the definitions section, “standard milk protein concentrate” becomes “standard dry milk protein concentrate”;
- Section 3, “Calculation of Allocations”, now includes a reference to “production of standard dry MPC”;
- This clarification is now reflected in the FAQs.
The application form, CUSMA Skim Milk Powder and Milk Protein Concentrate Export Thresholds: Below – Threshold Quantity now includes the following updates:
- In section 14, we have:
- Revised the field of “total quantity produced (in kg)” to accept more than six digits;
- Eliminated the “total units produced” field to avoid redundancy with the “total quantity produced (in kg)” field.
- We have ensured that information requested in the application form is consistent in both languages.
If you have questions, please e-mail us at Export_Thresholds-Seuils_Exportation@international.gc.ca.
- Date Modified: