Canadian Technology Accelerator Boston / Cambridge
CTA@Boston is an award-winning five-month program that connects Canadian ICT and Life Science companies to US clients, strategic partners and investors, emphasizing aggressive business development and growth. Located at the Cambridge Innovation Center, the program offers team mentoring from seasoned C-level executives, serial entrepreneurs, VCs and angel investors.
- TECH: IoT, Smart Cities, SaaS, Artificial Intelligence, Digital Health, FinTech, SaaS, e-Commerce, Big Data Analytics, Robotics, Cyber Security.
- Life Sciences*: Biotechnology, Medical Devices, Therapeutics, Diagnostics, Research Tools.
*Note: coming in Winter 2019
Take a look at the high concentration of software, hardware and biopharmaceutical firms, and world-class universities like MIT and Harvard. Boston is #1 in innovation; the #1 biotech cluster in the world.
- Strong technology and innovation clusters - over 2000 companies (Including Starent, TripAdvisor, Akamai, ZipCar, Kayak, Bluefin, Enernoc, Hadapt, iRobot)
- 90 Venture Capital and Angel firms: $50 B under management
- Corporate Developments Teams: Biotechnology, Medical Devices, Therapeutics, Diagnostics, Research Tools
What we offer
- Individualized CMS Mentor Teams for Your Company. Our Canadian Mentoring Service mentors comprise C-level executives, successful serial entrepreneurs, VC and angel investors.
- Introductions to industry leaders, venture capitalists and other key resources
- Space/Services at the Cambridge Innovation Center (CIC) in Kendall Square - amongst 2000+ tech and life science companies
- Pitch Coach to help clients localize messaging for the Boston/US market
- Corporate Partnerships with Microsoft, HubSpot, SendGrid, Mathworks, and Harvard Business School, offering $10M of in-kind or discounted services and products
- Member Privileges to world-class industry associations for programs and networking in the ecosystem
Our team runs a suite of acceleration programs in addition to CTA@Boston including:
- 48 hrs in the Hub
- Fast Runners in the Hub
- Fast Runners
Is it right for you?
Who we are looking for:
SMEs with a differentiated technology, a global outlook, specific goals for market entry, and senior management commitment to take part in programming and mentoring.
What you need to qualify:
- Revenue-generating business (approximately $1M in revenue and/or investment)
- Run by a solid executive team with advisory boards
- Ready to talk with potential partners
- Fast growth rate
- Financial resources for time spent in-market
- Meet all criteria except revenue. Must be Post-seed (with non-dilutive & equity financing)
Apply to participate
Program format is one month of virtual programming followed by four months in market.
Applications for the upcoming Cohort of the CTA in Boston are now open.
For more information, contact: Serban.Georgescu@international.gc.ca.
“I can't say enough about the impact that CTA Boston had for our ExpertFile. It's a super well organized program, and the CMS Mentors and CTA Boston program staff are passionate about adding value for the participating companies. We raised additional Angel investment in Boston while enrolled in the program and the program mentors were amazing. One of their introductions resulted in a partnership with one of the largest media distribution players in the world. If you are lucky enough to be selected for CTA make sure you get your company to Boston!"
- Peter Evans, Co-Founder & CEO, ExpertFile
“10 years and 30 minutes. That’s what it took for me to meet with Microsoft. 10 years of me trying to connect and only 30 minutes after arriving in Boston with an introduction from Boston’s Senior Trade Commissioner. A Microsoft partnership was signed within a week. That’s just one example of how your business accelerates with the CTA @ Boston.”
- Tim Vasko, CEO Finaeos
- Date Modified: