Canadian Technology Accelerator Boston / Cambridge
The CTA@Boston is an award-winning six-to-eight month non-equity program. It connects Canadian Tech and Life Science companies to:
- U.S. clients
- strategic partners
It emphasizes aggressive business development and growth. Located at the Cambridge Innovation Center, the program offers customized team mentoring from successful entrepreneurs, investors and industry leaders.
Why Boston / Cambridge
Boston is number one in innovation thanks to the high concentration ecosystem of software, hardware and biotech firms, world-class universities (MIT and Harvard), and venture capital.
- Number 1 biotech cluster in the world with almost 1,000 biotechnology companies ranging from small start-ups to billion-dollar pharma companies (including Novartis, Merck, Sanofi, Pfizer, Takeda, Vertex)
- Strong technology and innovation clusters with over 2,000 companies (including Starent, TripAdvisor, Akamai, ZipCar, Kayak, Bluefin, Enernoc, Hadapt, iRobot)
- 90 venture capital and angel firms: $50 billion under management
- Corporate development teams: pharma and biotech, medical devices, diagnostics, healthcare IT, research tools
What we offer
- Individualized mentor teams work with participating companies throughout the program. These Canadian Mentoring Service mentors are comprised of C-level executives, successful serial entrepreneurs, venture capital, and angel investors.
- Introductions to industry leaders, investors, academia and research institutions, and other key private and governmental resources from the local ecosystem
- Space and services at the Cambridge Innovation Center (CIC) in Kendall Square amongst 2000+ tech and life science companies
- Pitch and presentation coaching to help clients localize their messaging for the Boston, Massachusetts market
- Corporate partnerships with Microsoft, HubSpot, AWS, SendGrid, Mathworks, The Capital Network, M2D2-UMass Lowell and others, offering $10 million of in-kind or discounted services and products
- Member privileges to world-class industry associations and leading accelerators, for programs and networking in the ecosystem
Who should apply
We encourage growth stage tech and life sciences with a differentiated technology companies to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Revenue-generating business (approximately $1 million in revenue or investment) **Exception for life sciences companies who must be post-seed (with non-dilutive and equity financing)
- Run by a solid executive team with a seasoned advisory board
- Specific objectives and a strategy for entry to Boston
- Ready to talk with potential partners
- Commitment senior management and financial resources to spend time in-market
We are currently seeking companies making a difference in the following industries:
- Tech: Agtech, AI and machine learning, FinTech, IoT, data analytics, robotics, SaaS, security
- Life Sciences: biotechnology, medical devices, diagnostics, digital health, research tools
Apply to participate
The program is two months of virtual programming followed by a flexible four to six months in market.
For more information, please contact: Serban.Georgescu@international.gc.ca.
“I can't say enough about the impact that CTA Boston had for our ExpertFile. It's a super well organized program, and the CMS Mentors and CTA Boston program staff are passionate about adding value for the participating companies. We raised additional Angel investment in Boston while enrolled in the program and the program mentors were amazing. One of their introductions resulted in a partnership with one of the largest media distribution players in the world. If you are lucky enough to be selected for CTA, make sure you get your company to Boston!" – Peter Evans, Co-Founder & CEO, ExpertFile
“Ten years and 30 minutes. That’s what it took for me to meet with Microsoft. Ten years of me trying to connect and only 30 minutes after arriving in Boston with an introduction from Boston’s Senior Trade Commissioner. A Microsoft partnership was signed within a week. That’s just one example of how your business accelerates with the CTA @ Boston.” – Tim Vasko, CEO Finaeos
- Date Modified: