Tariff information by country
Consult the following resources to assist in identifying tariff information for your goods:
- Canada’s Customs Tariff for Canada’s tariff rates applied to goods imported into Canada.
- Canada Tariff Finder for tariff information of countries with which Canada has a free trade agreement.
- World Trade Organization (WTO): Get Tariff Data for tariff rates and import statistics from WTO members.
- Rules of Origin Facilitator: www.findrulesoforigin.org provides information on tariffs, trade agreements and rules of origin.
International trade in goods is classified using the World Customs Organization’s Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System (HS). The HS classifies all products using 6-digit codes that are organized by chapter (2 digits), heading (4 digits), and subheading (6 digits). HS codes are harmonized internationally up to the 6-digit level. WCO Members use the HS as the basis for their tariff schedules and export codes, typically adding digits to the HS 6-digit subheading for additional precision in their national classification. By finding the HS code that applies to the good, you can find the applicable tariff rate.
If you do not know the HS code for the product, you may consult:
- Statistics Canada’s Canadian Export Classification or
- Canada Border Services Agency’s Border Information Service
For additional questions, please contact the Tariffs and Goods Market Access Division at Global Affairs Canada.
Disclaimer: the Government of Canada assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information from external links. We recommend you check with your customs broker prior to shipment.
Report a problem on this page
- Date Modified: