CETA Regulatory Cooperation Forum
Stakeholder Debrief Meeting
14 December 2018
The first Canada-European Union (EU) Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) Regulatory Cooperation Forum (RCF) will take place on Friday, 14 December 2018 in Brussels, Belgium. The agenda will be published on DG Trade’s website and on the Global Affairs Canada website ahead of the meeting. Following this meeting, Canadian and EU co-chairs will provide a debrief to stakeholders.
Both Canada and the European Commission (EC) have carried out consultations with stakeholders to identify areas where there is interest in regulatory cooperation between Canada and the EU. You may consult the EC consultations and Canada consultation results.
Date: Friday, 14 December 2018
Time: 17.00 -18.30 (CET) / 11.00 -12.30 (EST)
Who should attend this session?
Non-governmental organisations, consumers associations, workers/trade unions, professional organisations, industry and business associations, companies, regional/local representatives and other stakeholders from either Canada or the EU.
In-Person in Belgium
- For individuals who wish to participate in person, please provide the following mandatory details to TRADE-E1-US-CANADA-EVENTS@ec.europa.eu by Friday 7 December 2018, 18:00 CET/12:00 EST: last name, first name, date of birth, nationality, ID card number, and email.
- Please include your email address in order to receive a confirmation email of your registration, including venue details. Please present the confirmation email to security upon arrival at the venue. Access to the venue will only be possible for registered participants.
- Due to limited space, registration for this event is on a first come, first served basis.
In-Person in Canada
- The Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat will provide a boardroom at 90 Elgin Street, Ottawa for stakeholders to gather and participate in the debrief via videoconference.
- Canadian stakeholders who wish to participate should send their name and organization to email@example.com by Friday 7 December, 2018 18:00 CET/12:00 EST. Please state in your message that you intend to participate in-person at 90 Elgin Street, Ottawa.
- An option will be provided for individuals wishing to participate remotely.
- Canadian stakeholders who wish to participate remotely should send their name and organization to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7 December 2018, 18:00 CET/12:00 EST. Please state in your message that you intend to participate remotely.
The registration deadline is Friday 7 December 2018, 18:00 CET/12:00 EST. We will be unable to accommodate any registrations received after this time. Once registration is closed, participants will receive a confirmation email with instructions regarding attendance.
- Date Modified: