2nd Meeting of the committee on government procurement
February 22, 2019, Brussels
The second meeting of the CETA Committee on Government Procurement took place on 22 February in Brussels.
Topics discussed focussed on the implementation of the CETA Government Procurement chapter, namely:
- Canada reported on progress made to date in establishing a Single Point of Access (SPA);
- Canada informed the EU of the technical updates that need to be made to Annex 19-8 of Canada’s market access schedule and both Parties discussed the process for such updates;
- Parties shared information surrounding promotional activities, in particular the publication of guidance documents, to facilitate the access and participation of suppliers in each Party’s respective procurement markets;
- Parties discussed the modalities for the exchange of statistics and information about procurements awarded to suppliers in Parties’ respective jurisdictions;
- The EU provided a comprehensive presentation of its policies regarding “Green Procurement”.
The Committee on Government Procurement will report to the CETA Joint Committee on its ongoing work.
Participants: Representatives were present from Global Affairs Canada (Government of Canada), the Delegation of Canada to the European Union and the European Commission, DG TRADE.
- Date Modified: