CETA Regulatory Cooperation Forum – Stakeholder Debrief Meeting – February 4, 2020
The second Canada-European Union (EU) Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) Regulatory Cooperation Forum (RCF) will take place on Monday February 3, 2020 in Ottawa, Canada. The agenda will be published on DG Trade’s website and on the Global Affairs Canada website ahead of the meeting. Following this meeting, on Tuesday, February 4, 2020 Canadian and EU co-chairs will provide a debrief to stakeholders on all active work plan items in the areas of consumer product safety, cosmetic like drug products, pharmaceutical inspections, animal welfare, cybersecurity, and other areas of consideration.
Both Canada and the European Commission (EC) continue to work on areas identified by stakeholders in 2018 where there is interest in regulatory cooperation between Canada and the EU.
Date: Tuesday February 4, 2020
Time: 9:30 -11:00 a.m. (EST) / 3:30 – 5:00 P.M. (CET)
Place: To be confirmed
Who should attend this session?
Non-governmental organisations, consumers associations, workers/trade unions, professional organisations, industry and business associations, companies, regional/local representatives and other stakeholders from either Canada or the EU. The session will be livestreamed and a video-conference room to participate in the session in Brussels will be made available.
In-Person in Belgium
- For individuals who wish to participate, please complete the attached form and return it to TRADE-E1-US-CANADA-EVENTS@ec.europa.eu by 24 January 2020 indicating your name, position and the organisation you represent.
- Please include your email address in order to receive a confirmation email of your registration, including venue details. Please present the confirmation email to security upon arrival at the venue. Access to the venue will only be possible for registered participants.
- Due to limited space, registration for this event is on a first come, first served basis.
In-Person in Canada
- Canadian stakeholders who wish to participate should send their name, position, and organization to email@example.com by January 24, 2020. Please state in your message that you intend to participate in-person at 90 Elgin Street, Ottawa.
- An option will be provided for individuals wishing to participate remotely.
- European and Canadian stakeholders who wish to participate remotely should send their name and organization to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 24, 2020. Please state in your message that you intend to participate remotely. Once your registration is confirmed, you will receive the details for remote participation.
The registration deadline is January 24, 2020. We will be unable to accommodate any registrations received after this time. Once registration is closed, participants will receive a confirmation email with instructions regarding attendance.
Report a problem on this page
- Date Modified: