Modification: Local Partners Timesheet
Updated: February 10, 2022
In recognition that recipient organizations may face challenges managing timesheets for some local partners, Global Affairs Canada (GAC) has introduced a new alternative for situations where local partners do not have a time management system. GAC defines a Local Partner as an organization established in a recipient country participating in the implementation of a GAC-funded project pursuant to a Sub-Agreement with the recipient organization.
The alternative, to be used when a Local Partner does not have a time management system nor capacity to manage timesheets, is for the recipient organization to submit all the following documents to GAC in lieu of time sheets, albeit upon GAC and/or its authorized representative’s written request:
- Local Partner payroll register showing the allocation of time worked across all projects for each employee;
- Employment contract between the Local Partner and each employee;
- Proof of full salary payment to each employee through the Local Partner bank statements;
- Proof of source deduction payments made by the Local Partner for each employee; and,
- Local Partner General Ledger Listing or other worksheet showing the full salary and benefits expense for each employee.
This alternative only applies to Local Partners. For greater clarity, it does not apply to local employees of recipient organizations, for whom time sheets remain mandatory.
In all cases, the recipient organization remains responsible for justifying the actual time worked by the local implementing partner and for conducting ongoing monitoring activities to ensure the accuracy of remuneration costs claimed by Local Partner on the GAC-funded project, including with the alternative method.
The alternative is available in GAC’s new contribution agreement templates and, as of January 1, 2022, is also applicable to operational projects without requiring an amendment to the Agreement.
A review of this modification will be conducted after one year to assess its results as well as consider possible modifications.
Report a problem on this page
- Date Modified: