Regulations Amending the Special Economic Measures (Russia) Regulations
Whereas the Governor in Council is of the opinion that the actions of the Russian Federation constitute a grave breach of international peace and security that has resulted in a serious international crisis;
Therefore, Her Excellency the Governor General in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, makes the annexed Regulations Amending the Special Economic Measures (Russia) Regulations under subsections 4(1)a, (1.1)b, (2) and (3) of the Special Economic Measures Actc.
a S.C. 2017, c. 21, s. 17(1)
b S.C. 2017, c. 21, s. 17(2)
c S.C. 1992, c. 17
1 Subsections 3.6(1) and (2) of the Special Economic Measures (Russia) Regulations1 are replaced by the following:
3.6 (1) It is prohibited for any person in Canada and any Canadian outside Canada to export, sell, supply or ship any good, wherever situated, to Russia or to any person in Russia if the good is referred to in the Restricted Goods and Technologies List or in Schedule 5.1.
(2) It is prohibited for any person in Canada and any Canadian outside Canada to provide to Russia or to any person in Russia any technology that is referred to in the Restricted Goods and Technologies List or in Schedule 5.1.
2 Part 1 of Schedule 1 to the Regulations is amended by adding the following in numerical order:
- Adam Sultanovich DELIMKHANOV (born in 1969)
- Mikhail Eduardovich OSEEVSKY (born in 1960)
- Mikhail Igorevich POLUBOYARINOV (born in 1966)
- Sergei Alexandrovich MARKOV (born in 1958)
- Sergey Alexandrovich PAHOMOV (born on August 5, 1975)
- Denis Gennadievich POPOV (born on January 12, 1972)
3 Part 2 of Schedule 1 to the Regulations is amended by adding the following in numerical order:
- Pskov Distance Communication Plant
- Radiozavod JSC
- Razryad JSC
- Research Production Association Mars
- Ryazan Radio-Plant
- Scientific Production Center Vigstar JSC
- Scientific Production Enterprise “Radiosviaz”
- Scientific Research Institute Ferrite-Domen
- Scientific Research Institute of Communication Management Systems
- Scientific-Production Enterprise Volna
- Novosibirsk Semiconductor Devices Plant Vostok JSC
- Electronic Computing Technology Scientific Research Centre JSC
- Elektrosignal JSC
- “Salute” JSC
- State Machine Building Design Bureau “Vympel” By Name I.I. Toropov JSC
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, “Uralelement” JSC
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, “Plant Dagdiesel” JSC
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, PA Strela JSC
- Plant Kulakov JSC
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, Ravenstvo JSC
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, Ravenstvoservice JSC
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, Saratov Radio Instrument Plant JSC
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, Severny Press JSC
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, “Research Centre for Automated Design” JSC
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, KB Mashinostroeniya
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, NPO Electromechanics
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, NPO Lightning
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, “MBDB ‘ISKRA’” PJSC
- Raduga Design Bureau
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, “Central Design Bureau of Automation”
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, 711 Aircraft Repair Plant
- AO GNPP “Region”
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, AO TMKB “Soyuz”
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, Azov Optomechanical Plant
- Concern “MPO – Gidropribor”
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, “Krasny Gidropress” JSC
- Concern Granit-Electron JSC
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, Elektrotyaga JSC
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, GosNIIMash JSC
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, RKB Globus
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, Smolensk Aviation Plant
- Ural Design Bureau “Detal”
- Tactical Missiles Corporation, Zvezda-Strela LLC
- Tambov Plant (TZ) “October”
- Engineering Centre Moselectronproekt
- Ship Maintenance Centre “Zvezdochka” JSC
4 The Regulations are amended by adding, after Schedule 5, the Schedule 5.1 set out in the schedule to these Regulations.
Application Before Publication
5 For the purpose of paragraph 11(2)(a) of the Statutory Instruments Act, these Regulations apply according to their terms before they are published in the Canada Gazette.
Coming into Force
6 These Regulations come into force on the day on which they are registered.
(Subections 3.6(1) and (2))
Goods and Technologies
1 In this Schedule, development, electronic assembly, energetic material, production, required, software and use have the same meaning as under the heading “Definitions of Terms Used in Groups 1 And 2” of A Guide to Canada’s Export Control List, published by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development, as amended from time to time.
2 This Schedule does not apply to goods or technologies that are subject to export control under the Export Control List, unless the good or technology is described in item 5400 of Group 5 of the schedule to that List.
Goods and Technologies
|Item||Goods and Technologies|
|1 Quantum computers perform computations that harness the collective properties of quantum states, such as superposition, interference and entanglement.|
2 The units, circuits and devices referred to in this Item include those that use or are based on superconducting circuits, quantum annealing, ion traps, photonic interaction, silicon spin qubits and cold atoms.
3 Cryogenic refrigeration systems include dilution refrigeration systems, adiabatic demagnetization refrigerators and laser cooling systems.
4 UHV means 100 nanoPascals (nPa) or lower.
5 Decapsulation means the removal of a cap, lid, or encapsulating material from a packaged integrated circuit by mechanical, thermal or chemical methods.
|1||Equipment, electronic assemblies and components, specially designed for quantum computers1, quantum electronics, quantum sensors, quantum processing units, qubit circuits, qubit devices2 or quantum radar systems.|
Cryogenic refrigeration systems3 designed to maintain temperatures below 1.1 kelvin for 48 hours or more and cryogenic refrigeration equipment and components therefor, as follows:
Ultra-high vacuum (UHV)4 equipment, as follows:
|4||High quantum efficiency photodetectors with a quantum efficiency greater than 80% in the wavelength range exceeding 300 nanometres but not exceeding 1700 nanometres.|
Manufacturing equipment, as follows:
|6||Metal powders and metal alloy powders usable for the additive manufacturing equipment referred to in Item 5(a).|
Microscopes, related equipment and detectors, as follows:
|8||Decapsulation5 equipment for semiconductor devices.|
|9||Software specially designed or modified for the development, production or use of the systems, equipment and components referred to in Items 1 to 8.|
|10||Software for digital twins of additive manufactured products or for the determination of the reliability of additive manufactured products.|
|11||Technology required for the development, production or use of the systems, equipment, components or software referred to in Items 1 to 10.|
Report a problem on this page
- Date Modified: