Check the status of your request to authenticate documents
Authenticating a document is free. It proves that the signature, the position of an official and the seal on a certified document are genuine. Other jurisdictions or countries will recognize your authenticated document as a valid copy.
Authentication is also called legalization or apostille.
Complete list of documents that can be authenticated
If you have not received your documents 25 working days after we have received them, you may proceed to fill out the form below to request an update on the status of your documents.
- If you asked that your documents be forwarded to an embassy, consulate or high commission, check with them first on the status of the documents.
- Fill out the online Authentication of Documents Status Request Form.
- Authentication in person
- Authentication by mail or courier
- If you are outside Canada
- Your document can be declined authentication
- Urgent requests
- Check the status of your request
- Date Modified: