Sending your authenticated documents to an embassy, high commission or consulate

Authenticating a document is free. It proves that the signature, the position of an official and the seal on a certified document are genuine. Other jurisdictions or countries will recognize your authenticated document as a valid copy.

Authentication is also called legalization or apostille.

Complete list of documents that can be authenticated

This service is only available if you plan to mail in your documents.

Once we have authenticated your documents, we can forward them to an embassy or high commission in Ottawa.

Make sure to include this request on your application.

Place payment, photos and accompanying documents that you do not want us to authenticate in a separate, sealed envelope.

Prior to sending us your documents, you must check with the embassy, high commission or commission regarding their requirements to have the documents returned to you.

We will hand-deliver the documents to the specified embassy or high commission in Ottawa.

Sending your documents to a consulate outside of Ottawa

You must include a pre-addressed envelope with:

We do not accept courier way bills with account numbers.

We are not responsible for the loss of items that are sent to an embassy, high commission or consulate.

More information

Date Modified: