Canada and Taiwan relations
Canada is represented in Taiwan by the Canadian Trade Office in Taipei. This is a locally-incorporated entity staffed by Canadian and local Taiwanese personnel.
Taiwan is Canada's 13th largest trading partner and 5th largest in Asia. Total merchandise trade with Taiwan in 2018 was $7.87 billion, with Canadian merchandise exports of almost $2 billion, and imports from Taiwan at $5.9 billion. Canada's priority sectors in Taiwan are aerospace, information and communications technology, agri-food and seafood products, biotechnology, clean technologies, and energy.
Asia-Pacific Economic Co-operation
Trade and investment agreements
- World Trade Organization Agreement on Trade Facilitation (TFA
- Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS)
- Agreement on Trade-related Investment Measures (TRIMS)
- General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade 1994 (GATT)
- General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS)
- World Trade Organization Information Technology Agreement (ITA)
- World Trade Organization Agreement on Government Procurement (GPA)
- Date Modified: