Minister Fast Reappoints EDC Board Member
June 20, 2014 - Ottawa, Ontario - Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
The Honourable Ed Fast, Minister of International Trade, today announced the reappointment of Jeffrey Steiner to the board of directors of Export Development Canada (EDC). The reappointment is for three years.
Mr. Steiner was first appointed to the EDC board in December 2010. Before establishing New Franchise Media Inc. in 2009, Mr. Steiner served for approximately seven years as president and chief executive officer of the Toronto Economic Development Corporation.
- Working with other government partners and under Canada’s Global Markets Action Plan, EDC is Canada’s export credit agency, offering innovative commercial solutions to help Canadian exporters and investors expand their international business.
- EDC’s knowledge and partnerships are used by more than 7,100 Canadian companies and their global customers in more than 180 markets worldwide each year.
- EDC is financially self-sustaining and a recognized leader in financial reporting and economic analysis.
- EDC reports to Parliament through the Minister of International Trade.
“I am pleased to renew the appointment of Mr. Steiner to the EDC board of directors. EDC plays a key role in supporting Canadian companies—including small and medium-sized enterprises—succeed in today’s competitive global economy. Under the Global Markets Action Plan, the Harper government continues to open markets and create jobs and opportunities with the most ambitious pro-trade plan in Canada’s history.”
- Ed Fast, Minister of International Trade
- Export Development Canada
- Minister Fast Appoints New Member to Export Development Canada Board of Directors, April 22, 2014
Office of the Honourable Ed Fast
Minister of International Trade
- Date Modified: