Notice to Importers
Beef and Veal (Items 114 to 116 on the Import Control List)
Appendix 3 - Affidavit for processors and retailer-processors
[To be printed on company letterhead]
I [NAME OF PERSON], A RESIDENT OF THE COUNTY OR MUNICIPALITY OF [_________________], IN THE PROVINCE OF [______________] MAKE OATH AND SAY AS FOLLOWS:
1. I am employed by [Company name] as [job title].
2. [Company name] does and will continue to do business in [Quota year] as a [processor or retailer-processor].
3. In the period of October 1, [Year] to September 30, [Year] the amount of non-FTA beef and veal that was processed in my firm's own facilities was ________________ kilograms. I have attached supporting monthly figures in kilograms of non-FTA beef and veal processed by [Company name] during the period of October 1, [Year] to September 30, [Year].
4. In determining the amount of non-FTA beef and veal processed in [Company name] own facilities I have included ONLY beef and veal that was imported under headings 02.01 and 02.02 of the Customs Tariff.
5. I have included only non-FTA beef and veal that was processed in [Company name] facilities.
6. The amount of non-FTA beef and veal processed in my firm's own facilities was taken from [Company name] purchase and production records. No statistical sampling techniques were used to estimate the amount of non-FTA beef and veal processed in [Company name] facilities. The purchase and production records clearly indicate the weight and type of beef and veal purchased the date of purchase and processing and the country of origin of the beef.
7. I have excluded from the amount any non-FTA beef and veal that was co-packed by another firm. I have attached to this affidavit a list of the amount of non-FTA beef and veal that was partially processed for another firm; the list provides the name of the firm to whom the partially processed non-FTA beef and veal was sold or transferred and the weight sold or transferred.
8. I agree that any information provided by [Company name] to Global Affairs Canada in support of [Company name] application for a share of the [Quota year] tariff rate quota (TRQ) is subject to review by an independent public accountant (or an accountant named by Global Affairs Canada). I further agree that the determination of whether an accountant's report is required shall be made solely by Global Affairs Canada. I also agree that all costs of the accountant shall be borne by [Company name] and that the accountant's report will be in the form specified by Global Affairs Canada.
9. All other information provided by [Company name] on the "Application form for a share of the beef and veal TRQ" for [Quota year] is accurate and complete.
10. I understand that the information provided by [Company name] in this affidavit will be used to assess [Company name] application for a share of the [Quota year] beef and veal TRQ. I realize that section 17 of the Export and Import Permits Act (EIPA) forbids anyone to furnish false or misleading information or knowingly to make any misrepresentation in any application in order to procure an import permit. I am aware that section 18 of the EIPA forbids any person to knowingly induce, aid or abet any other person to contravene any of the provisions of the EIPA.
Sworn before me at the City of ________________________________________in the province of_______________________________, on this ___________ day of ________ [Year].________________________________
Notary Public, Justice of the Peace or Commissioner of Oaths
Signature and printed or typed name of swearer
- Date Modified: