This Web page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Notice to Importers
Chicken and Chicken Products (Items 96 To 104 on the Import Control List)
Appendix 3 - Application Instructions for an Allocation Under the Non-ICL Group of the Chicken TRQ
Applicants for an allocation of the chicken TRQ allocated to processors of products not on the Import Control List should refer to Notice to Importers - Chicken and Chicken Products.In the case of non-ICL products that include marinated chicken, the weight of the chicken prior to marination must be used.Only federally registered processors are eligible to receive an allocation under the Non-ICL group.NOTE: The information provided will be used by Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD) to assess eligibility for an allocation under the Non-ICL group. Without a competitive test product profile, the application will not be considered complete and cannot be processed.The declaration in section 4 must be signed and dated by a representative of the company applying for the import allocation for products that are not on the ICL.
1. Company Profile
- Name of company in full
- Complete physical processing plant mailing address (include postal code)
- Telephone number
- Facsimile number
- EIPA file (company) number, if known
- Whether your company is related to one or more other TRQ applicants (if yes, please provide details) - see Appendix 11 for definition of "related person"
- Federal Registration Number
- GST/Business Number
- What percent of your company's sales are at the wholesale level?
- What percent of your company's sales are at the retail level i.e. directly to consumers?
APPLICATIONS MUST BE IN THE FORMAT PROVIDED IN TABLES 1 AND 2. APPLICATIONS THAT ARE NOT IN THIS EXACT FORMAT WILL BE RETURNED TO THE APPLICANT UPON RECEIPT BY DFATD. APPLICATIONS THAT ARE NOT IN THIS FORMAT MAY BE RULED INELIGIBLE FOR AN ALLOCATION UNDER THE NON-ICL GROUP.
2. Production Data
|Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) determination number
|Total Unit Weight (in grams)
|Chicken Per UnitNote *(pre-marination weight in grams)
|Boneless or Bone-in
|Chicken Type Note **
|Total Units Produced and Sold during the reference periodNote ***
|Total pre-marination weight of chicken used (in kg of eviscerated equivalent)
1. Using the above example, please provide a list of further processed chicken products that are not on the ICL manufactured by your company in the reference period; do not include products made from spent fowl (see Appendix 10 for a list of products that are included on the ICL).
2. For each product described, please provide information on:
- the weight, in grams, of each finished unit;
- the weight, in grams, of pre-marinated poultry per unit;
- a full description of poultry used in each product (i.e. chicken breast, chicken thigh, and proportion of each in each product);
- the total number of units produced in the reference period; and, the total pre-marinated weight in eviscerated equivalent kilograms produced in the reference period; and
- the total amount of “ground meat”, “trim meat” and “diced meat” used in the production of the specified non-ICL product. For purposes of this Notice, "trim meat" is defined as "any chicken excluding mechanically separated meat and tenders, which (1) is the by-product of a trimming, boning, cutting or advanced meat recovery operation; (2) is used in a formulation; and (3) has been purchased or valued at a cost less than random (i.e., line run) whole muscle breast meat."
- Applications must be supported by the finished product recipe including the process and composition of the meat.
- Companies must state whether they are producing the product at the time of application and that they intend to be active during the allocation year.
- Companies must also state whether they are co-packing any products listed on the application. If so, please indicate the firm(s) and name the final co-packer prior to marketing. Only one firm can qualify for non-ICL TRQ per product.
- Companies must support their claims of new products not previously approved by DFATD with a determination from Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) determining whether their products are not on the Import Control List.
3. Product profile
|Domestic Product Information
|Imported Competitive Product
|Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) determination number
|Year of CBSA determination
|Product Category (see list below)
|Product Sold (Fresh or Frozen)
|Shelf Life of Product (in months)
|Name of Finished Product Imported
|Name of Manufacturer of Finished Product and Country
|Name of Canadian Retail Store or Foodservice Outlet selling the product
|Company A (USA)
|Chicken and Fries
|Chicken and Chips
|Company B (Thailand)
Using the above example, please provide the following information;
- CBSA determination on the non-ICL product (file number)
- Year of the CBSA determination
- The product name (include full name on the label)
- Name the product category in which your product(s) would directly compete:
- 1. Pot pies
- 2. Soups
- 3. Snack Foods
- 4. Stuffed Products (i.e. Kiev, cordon bleu)
- 5. Dinners
- 6. Meat-on-meat product (i.e. tournedos, coq-au-porc)
- 7. Sandwiches
- 8. Salads
- 9. Kebobs, Brochettes
- 10. Other: (i.e. spreads, pates, sauces, etc.), Specify:
- Indicate whether your finished product is sold to the consumer as fresh or frozen
- Indicate the shelf-life of your product in number of months.
- Provide the name(s) of an imported finished product, the name(s) of the manufacturer(s) for the categories outlined above, the country of origin and a copy of the label(s) not previously submitted of the competing product(s).
- Indicate where your product and the competitive finished product can be purchased in Canada (i.e. retail store or foodservice outlet (names)).
4. Declaration (to be signed by applicant)
I declare that the above information and the supplementary information attached are correct. I confirm that the nature of my business, such as the products produced or the status of the company has not changed and I do not anticipate any changes in the coming year to the extent that such changes will materially alter the basis on which this application for an import allocation is made.
I am aware that this information will be used to assess my application for an import allocation and import permits. I understand that such information is subject to verification and that additional documentation may be requested by DFATD. I agree to allow representatives from DFATD access to any information on my company relating to this application for an import allocation, or to subsequent applications for, or the use of, import permits, that is in the files of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency on the understanding that I will be informed of such requests for information.I acknowledge that the Minister may require me to furnish, at my expense, laboratory test of the non-ICL products and an auditor's verification of this application. This requirement is set out in the Import Allocation Regulations.I have listed any products that are co-packed with another firm. I have not included any products in which spent fowl has been used. Only products that have been produced in Canada in plants which are owned and operated by my company have been included. I have also excluded all non-ICL products produced for the export market. I have not included production for which only packaging or assembling was performed.I understand that the Export and Import Permits Act (EIPA) forbids transferring import permits to, or allowing import permits to be used by, any person not so authorized by or on behalf of the Minister without consent of the Minister. I understand that section 17 of the EIPA forbids anyone to furnish false or misleading information or to knowingly make any misrepresentation in any application in order to procure an import permit.I or my trustee will inform DFATD in writing if my firm has filed or is about to file for bankruptcy.
Applicants must provide the following information if a consultant was hired to assist in the preparation of the above application.
Name of Consultant: __________________________________________
City:________________ Province: _____________
Postal Code: ________________
Note: The information provided will be held in confidence and used for departmental purposes only.
- Date Modified: