Language selection


Government of Canada services and information in Belgrade, Serbia

Contact us

Services and information provided to Canadians by the Embassy of Canada to Serbia, North Macedonia and Montenegro, in Belgrade.

On this page

Adoption and surrogacy

Refer to International adoption.

The Embassy of Canada cannot provide guidance regarding adoption procedures in Serbia. Adoptions are under the responsibility of local Ministry of Labor, Employment, Veterans' Affairs and Social Affairs.

Surrogacy is not legally permitted in Serbia.

Birth abroad

Refer to Children born outside of Canada.

If your child is born outside of Canada, you do not need to register the birth in Canada.

If your child is born in Serbia and you have submitted the required documentation, the local registrar's office will issue a Serbian birth certificate. It is recommended to ask for the international version.

Citizenship services

Refer to Canadian citizenship.

Complete and sign your citizenship application before applying at the Consular Section at the embassy.

Should you wish to obtain more information or clarification you may contact our office by email at

Payment method

Pay your application fees online.

Details Fee (CAD) Fee (EUR)
Application for a Citizenship Certificate for adults and minors (Proof of Citizenship) 75.00 60.00
Application to Renounce Canadian Citizenship 100.00 75.00
Replacement / Update of proof of Canadian citizenship 75.00 60.00
Application for a Search of Citizenship Records 75.00 60.00

Criminal record checks

Refer to Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) Criminal record checks.

Death abroad

Refer to Death outside Canada.

Marriage abroad

Refer to Marriage outside Canada.

It is possible for Canadians to get married in Serbia. Local registrar's offices can provide interested couples with a list of required documents. The local municipal authorities will ask you to present documentation attesting to your civil status and your identity to insure that the marriage meets legal requirements. The consular service of the Embassy of Canada or the Authentication Service Section (JLAC) of Global Affairs Canada can help you to get the requested documentation and issue a Statement in lieu of certificate of non-impediment to marriage abroad.

Notarial services

Consular officials do not provide any legal advice or represent a person in court. The office provides notarial services by mail or appointment by email,, to Canadian citizens and, in limited cases, to non-Canadian citizens if the documents are intended for use in Canada.

Note: Documents must be in English or French, or accompanied by an official translation in English or French.

Some services are only available through the provincial vital statistics offices in Canada or through the Authentication section of Global Affairs Canada.

Apostille (previously authentication or legalization services):

The Apostille Convention came into effect in Canada on January 11, 2024. As of this date, the authentication procedure is replaced by the Apostille, facilitating the recognition of Canadian documents abroad. See Changes to authentication services in Canada for information regarding obtaining an Apostille on a Canadian document.

If you have questions about notarial services, email

Payment method

Acceptable credit cards: Visa and Mastercard. Use the credit card authorization form.

Details Fee (CAD) Fee (EUR)
Administering an oath or receiving a statutory declaration or affirmation. The fee shown is per document. 50.00 40.00
Attesting any document bearing a signature (affidavit, declaration, affirmation, etc.). The fee shown is per document. 50.00 40.00
Authenticating (witnessing) a signature. The fee shown is per document. 50.00 40.00
Authenticating signatures of Canadian authorities or notaries. 50.00 40.00
Certifying a true copy of a document. The fee shown is per copy. 20.00 15.00
Issuing a Statement in lieu of Certificate of Non-impediment to Marriage Abroad. The fee shown is a minimum, per document. 30.00 25.00
Transfer of private or public funds from Canada or elsewhere to the mission. The fee shown is per transfer. 75.00 60.00
Providing a Passport Canada CTC. The fee shown is per set of three copies. 45.00 35.00

Passport services

Refer to Canadian passports and travel documents.

You can pay online for all your passport services before submitting your passport application.

Should you wish to obtain more information or clarification you may contact our office by email at

Payment method

Pay online for all your passport services.

Details Fee (CAD) Fee (EUR)
10-year adult passport (age 16 or over) 260.00 200.00
5-year adult passport (age 16 or over) 190.00 145.00
5-year Child passport (0-15 years of age) 100.00 75.00
Additional fee for replacing a valid lost or stolen passport 45.00 35.00
Emergency Travel Document 75.00 60.00
Emergency Travel Documnent for a child 30.00 25.00
Temporary Passport 110.00 85.00
Interim Passport 135.00 105.00
Retention of a valid passport 45.00 35.00
Pay online

Pensions and retirement

Refer to Benefits for Canadians living abroad and Retiring abroad.

Same-sex marriage abroad

Same-sex couples cannot get married in Serbia.

Studying abroad

Refer to Studying abroad and EduCanada.

Visa and immigration services

Refer to Travel documents – Visas.

Permanent residents of Canada: Find out how to apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document (PRTD).

Voting abroad

Refer to Voting in an election while outside Canada.

Voter registration kits and applications for ballots can be obtained via the Embassy.

Date Modified: