Pre-posting training program
We offer pre-posting training for Canadian government employees with a confirmed posting assignment working in the following streams:
- Consular, international operations management
- Security and emergency management
- Foreign policy and diplomacy
- Foreign service executive administrative assistant
- Internal assistance
- Trade promotion, investment and innovation
As an employee working within one of the streams, whether this is your first assignment or you already have experience working abroad, the pre-posting training curriculum can help you:
- Acquire the knowledge and skills for your new role
- Explore topics in greater detail that you can apply to your day-to-day work at a Canadian mission
- Connect with colleagues in your community within your stream
Training includes topics for:
- First-time assignments
- Preparing for your move
- Foreign languages
- Intercultural effectiveness
- Consular and passport
- Supervisor and manager training
Consult the list of courses in the course catalogue.
We can help you develop a pre-posting training plan, recommend courses and assist you in course registration and schedule.
Registration procedures vary depending upon your government organization.
Additional courses not listed in the catalogue may be offered at the discretion of the training provider.
Report a problem on this page
- Date Modified: