Public Consultations: Call for submissions regarding Canada’s Annual Report on Human Rights and Free Trade Between Canada and the Republic of Colombia
Current status : Closed
This consultation ran from February 17, 2023 to March 17, 2023.
- The Government of Canada is seeking the input of interested stakeholders pursuant to the Agreement concerning Annual Reports on Human Rights and Free Trade Between Canada and the Republic of Colombia.
- This unique agreement requires that Canada and Colombia each draft an annual report for tabling in their respective legislatures on the impacts on human rights in Canada and Colombia of actions taken under the Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
Purpose of consultation
- Interested stakeholders are invited to provide written submissions to help inform the analysis of the impact of the actions taken under the Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act for the Government of Canada’s 12th annual report. The 12th annual report will cover the period from January 1 to December 31, 2022.
- The Government of Canada is also interested in receiving written feedback regarding the adjustments that have been made to the format, content and methodology of Canada’s annual reports over the past two years.
Who should participate?
This consultation is open to the public and everyone is invited to share their ideas.
The Government of Canada invites any stakeholder with an interest in the impact on human rights in Canada and Colombia of actions taken by the Government of Canada under the Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement to provide input.
Global Affairs Canada would like to hear from:
- the general public
- civil society organizations
- Indigenous groups
- national and provincial industry associations
- micro, small, medium and large enterprises
- national, provincial, territorial and regional associations
- other interested stakeholders
It is important to have a breadth and diversity of views represented through this consultation process.
For reasons of confidentiality and security, the submissions and names of contributors to this consultation process will not be released to the public by the Government of Canada.
How to participate?
- Submissions can be sent by e-mail with the subject “Public Call for Submissions - Annual Report on Human Rights and Free Trade between Canada and the Republic of Colombia” to: NLA@international.gc.ca
- Submissions must be sent by Friday, March 17, 2023.
- The Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement (FTA) also includes the Agreement on Labour Cooperation between Canada and the Republic of Colombia, and the Agreement on the Environment between Canada and the Republic of Colombia under its parameters. These agreements entered into force on August 15, 2011.
- All of Canada’s previous annual reports on Human Rights and Free Trade are available online: Annual report on Human Rights and Free Trade between Canada and the Republic of Colombia.
Andean Region Division (NLA)
Global Affairs Canada
125 Sussex Drive
Ottawa ON K1A 0G2
- Date Modified: