Sugar for Export to the United States under the Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement - Serial No. 1035
Date: December 01, 2020
This Notice sets out the policies and practices pertaining to the administration of Sugar referred to in subparagraph (a) of TRQ - US 09 under the Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA).
This Notice is provided pursuant to the authority of the Export and Import Permits Act (EIPA) and its corresponding regulations, and remains in effect until further notice.
For policies relating to an increased quantity under subparagraph (c) of TRQ – US 09, see Sugar (Additional Quantity) for Export to the United States under the Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (TBD).
Table of Contents
- Eligibility criteria
- Calculation of allocations
- Return and reallocation of allocations
- Related links
Originating Sugar means a product that is included in Item 5204 (b) on the Export Control List (ECL), namely sugar listed in subparagraph (a) of TRQ - US 09 of Appendix 2: Tariff Schedule of the United States – (Tariff Rate Quotas) to Annex 2-B of Chapter 2 in CUSMA, that is wholly obtained from raw sugar beets produced in Canada.
Domestic Market Production Share means a share of domestic production of Originating Sugar during the reference period.
You are eligible for an allocation if you are a:
- Resident of Canada
- your head office is in Canada or you operate a branch office in Canada; and
- Sugar Refiner
- you have been actively involved in the refining of Originating Sugar in Canada for at least three years.
Calculation of allocations
You will receive an allocation based on your Domestic Market Production Share.
Return and reallocation of allocations
In any year in which there is more than one allocation holder, you may return any portion of your allocation to the Department in writing by the prescribed return date. Any returned allocation will be offered to other allocation holders on an equal share basis.
- Key Dates and Access Quantities
- How to apply for an allocation
- Application form (PDF, 161 KB)
- Apply for an EIPA file number
- How to Apply for an Export Permit
- CUSMA Sugar-Containing Products & Sugar Utilization Information
- Contact Us
Report a problem on this page
- Date Modified: