WTO: Butter, Dairy Spreads, Fats and Oils Derived From Milk, Other Than Butter or Dairy Spreads TRQ – Serial No. 1088
Date: August 1, 2022
This Notice replaces Notice to Importers No. 1060, dated August 1, 2021 and sets out the policies and practices pertaining to the administration of Canada’s tariff rate quota (TRQ) for butter, dairy spreads, fats and oils derived from milk, other than butter or dairy spreads under the World Trade Organization (WTO).
This Notice is provided pursuant to the authority of the Export and Import Permits Act (EIPA) and its corresponding regulations, and remains in effect until further notice.
Table of contents
Butter means a product that is include under items 159 to 160 of the Import Control List (ICL), namely butter falling under tariff items 0405.10.10 or 0405.10.20, dairy spreads falling under tariff items 0405.20.10 or 0405.20.20, and fats and oils derived from milk, other than butter or dairy spreads falling under tariff items 0405.90.10 or 0405.90.20 in the list of tariff provisions set out in the schedule to the Customs Tariff.
2. Allocation policy
- For the 2022-2023 allocation year, the TRQ is entirely allocated to the Canadian Dairy Commission (CDC) for the benefit of further processors.
- Further processors are invited to contact the CDC to obtain additional information.
3. Related links
- General Information on the Administration of TRQs for Supply -Managed Products
- Key dates and access quantities
- List of EIPA commodity codes for butter
- Contact the CDC
- Contact us
Report a problem on this page
- Date Modified: