Canadian Technology Accelerator – HealthIT
The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) for health in New York is a three-month mentoring and orientation program for scale up and growth start-ups in the healthcare technology sector. The program helps connect innovative Canadian tech companies to U.S. investment and market growth opportunities.
Why New York
New York boasts one of the largest healthcare services market in the world. The CTA helps participating companies connect to new markets and financing. It helps them create partnerships with U.S. healthcare providers such as:
- research centers
- medical companies
The vibrant ecosystem includes:
- over 60 hospitals and 13 pharmaceutical companies
- the largest and most diverse patient population in the U.S.
- over 79 venture deals worth $703USD billion in New York (2017)
- 20% of the entire U.S. market
- program partnership with: Columbia University – Presbyterian, Mt. Sinai, Northwell Health, Pfizer, Novartis, Johnson & Johnson, Clover Health, Aetna, and Blue Shield Blue Cross.
What we offer
A highly customized program, tailored to address individual company’s needs within the scope of business development and investment raising activities. These activities, which may include but are not limited to:
- a three-day orientation in New York
- access to key members of the healthcare community
- tailored programming for each participating company
- mentoring sessions with local industry experts
- monthly workshops on best practices and business strategies from industry leaders
- participation in roundtables and similar events in New York and other U.S. cities
Who should apply
We encourage companies that have digital technology solutions for the healthcare industry to apply. Companies should demonstrate that they have:
- a proven solution with market traction through existing sales or investment
- an addressable market and well-thought-out approach to capturing that market
- a strong management, with at least one senior representative capable and committed to participating in the program
- the financial resources and human capital to support international expansion
Apply to participate
For more information, please contact Josh.Kleyman@international.gc.ca.
Report a problem on this page
- Date Modified: