Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA)
Report of the Meeting of the Joint Customs Cooperation Committee
22 June 2018, Brussels
The 4th European union-Canada Joint Customs Cooperation Committee (JCCC) took place on 22 June 2018 in Brussels. This was the first meeting of the JCCC as the customs committee of the CETA.
Discussions topics included:
- JCCC rules of procedures, in light of CETA set of rules;
- Recent legislative developments in the field of customs in the EU and in Canada;
- Bilateral and international cooperation, allowing the identification of several topics of interest for further exchanges. These include the development of respective Single Window systems, data analytics and the application of Blockchain technology to the field of customs;
- Progress towards the mutual recognition of the EU and Canada Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) programmes;
- Regulatory developments and respective experience in air cargo security;
- The application of agreed provisions on mutual assistance in customs matters;
- Exchange of views on the implementation of CETA provisions in the areas of customs and trade facilitation, and in relation to origin and management of quota;
- Exchange of experience on the enforcement of intellectual property rights at the border.
It was agreed that Canada would host the next JCCC meeting to be scheduled in the spring of 2019.
- Date Modified: