Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA)
Meeting of Committee on Geographical indications
17 May 2018
- Opening Remarks and Adoption of the Agenda
- Implementation of CETA: list of companies benefiting from grandfathering clause.
- Enforcement of CETA provisions – Rules regarding illegal use of EU GI names in Canada.
- 3.1 General enforcement issues
- 3.2 Cheeses
- Corrigendum "Prosciutto S. Daniele"
- Level of protection for EU wines and spirits vs. agricultural and food product GIs
- Cost of registration of multiple-term names
- Update on EU Member States internal infringement proceedings
- Clarification on treatment of GIs pursuant to Commission implementing regulation on origin labelling (EU COOL)
- Update on European Commission’s progress to enumerate EU “responsible authorities” for the CETA GIs
- Any Other Business
- Date Modified: