Canada-Costa Rica Free Trade Agreement
In force since November 2002.
The Canada-Costa Rica Free Trade Agreement (CCRFTA) is a first-generation agreement that focuses mainly on trade in goods and does not include substantive provisions in areas such as cross-border trade in services, financial services, investment and government procurement. Efforts to modernize and broaden the CCRFTA are ongoing.
For more information, please see background information on the Canada-Costa Rica Free Trade Agreement.
- Text of the Canada-Costa Rica Free Trade Agreement
- Text of the Canada-Costa Rica Agreement on Environmental Cooperation
- Text of the Canada-Costa Rica Agreement on Labour Cooperation
- Schedule of Canada
- Programa de Desgravación de Costa Rica (Schedule of Costa Rica, Spanish only)
Free Trade Commission
- Decision of the Free Trade Commission of the Free Trade Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Costa Rica and the Government of Canada No. 1 on the interpretation of paragraphs 2 and 3 of Note 1 to Chapter 17 of the Schedule of Costa Rica
- The Canadian Embassy in Costa Rica
- The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (Costa Rican Market Information)
- Costa Rican Ministry of Foreign Trade (COMEX) Website
- Notice of Intent to Conduct an Environmental Assessment of the Modernization of the Canada-Costa Rica Free Trade Agreement
If you have questions or comments about this free trade agreement or the environmental and labour cooperation agreements, we would like to hear from you. Please contact Global Affairs Canada at the following address:
Canada’s Free Trade Agreement Secretariat
Global Affairs Canada
John G. Diefenbaker Building
111 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, ON K1N 5A1
- Date Modified: