Text of the Canada–Ukraine Free trade agreement – Chapter 6: Sanitary and phytosanitary measures
Article 6.1: Relation to other Agreements
1. The Parties affirm their rights and obligations under the SPS Agreement.
2. The Parties shall use the WTO dispute settlement procedures for any formal disputes regarding sanitary and phytosanitary measures.
Article 6.2: Scope and Coverage
This Chapter applies to all sanitary and phytosanitary measures that may, directly or indirectly, affect trade between the Parties.
Article 6.3: Sanitary and Phytosanitary Contact Points
1. On the entry into force of this Agreement, each Party shall designate a Contact Point to facilitate communication on sanitary and phytosanitary trade-related matters and share the Contact Point information with the other Party.
2. The Contact Point is responsible for communications relating to sanitary and phytosanitary issue prevention and resolution.
Article 6.4: Sanitary and Phytosanitary Issue Prevention and Resolution
1. The Parties shall work expeditiously to resolve any specific sanitary or phytosanitary trade-related matters. The Parties shall give priority to resolving sanitary and phytosanitary issues through discussion between regulatory officials.
2. The Parties shall avail themselves of every means to prevent and resolve issues, including the use of technology (such as teleconference or videoconference) and opportunities that may arise at international forums.
3. At the request of a Contact Point, the Parties shall meet as soon as possible to resolve any specific sanitary or phytosanitary trade-related matters. Unless the Parties decide otherwise, they shall meet within 45 days of the request, through the use of technology (such as teleconference or videoconference) or in person.
Report a problem on this page
- Date Modified: