Services and information
The Anti-Crime Capacity Building Program and the Counter-Terrorism Capacity Building Program provide states with training, funding, equipment, and technical and legal expertise to enable them to prevent and respond to transnational crime and to terrorist activity.
Enhances Canada's international presence through La Francophonie, which is an integral part of Canadian foreign policy and the natural international extension of Canadian bilingualism. Canada works within the La Francophonie network to achieve political and developmental goals.
Supports programming that responds to the needs of emerging international crises and peace and security challenges in a timely, effective and coherent manner.
Foster international study and research partnerships that build understanding among people and develops global citizens and leaders.
Coordinates Canadian international activities relating to higher education in cooperation with the Council of Ministers of Education, Canada (CMEC) and other federal departments and stakeholders, including non-governmental organizations and academic institutions.
How Canada reduces the threat of weapons of mass destruction.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Act
- Foreign Missions and International Organizations Act
- Order Establishing a List of Foreign State Supporters of Terrorism
- Departmental Performance Report – 2014-15
- Report on Plans and Priorities – 2016-17
- Formative Evaluation of the Anti-crime Capacity Building Program
Report a problem on this page
- Date Modified: