Trade facilitation under the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) agreement – Funding opportunity by invitation only
This funding opportunity is part of Global Affairs Canada’s (GAC’s) Department-Initiated – Multiple Invitations (DIMI) pilot project within GAC’s funding processes for international assistance. Only organizations invited by GAC were eligible to apply.
On this page
Invited organizations have until September 12, 2022 to apply.
- gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls
- environment and climate action
- growth that works for everyone
Geographic focus: Sub-Saharan Africa
Estimated size of project(s): Can$10,000,000 to Can$15,000,000
Number of projects to be funded: 1 to 3 projects
Overall budget: Can$30,000,000
Objectives: To promote economic growth in sub-Saharan Africa that is inclusive and environmentally sustainable and that empowers women, youth, people with disabilities and other vulnerable and marginalized groups through reduced trade-related gender discrimination and gender-based barriers to trade policy development and/or implementation at the regional level and enhanced implementation of the AfCFTA by African national governments and/or regional economic communities.
Eligibility (by invitation only)
- The invited organizations offer a diversity in terms of where they are based (Canada and sub-Saharan Africa), the type of organization they represent (NGO, post-secondary academic institution, research institution or think tank ) and the level at which they are able to intervene (policy and/or implementation).
- The invited organizations demonstrate significant experience leading programming in both francophone and anglophone countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
- The invited organizations have shown a level of engagement to date in the AfCFTA and/or with regional economic communities in sub-Saharan Africa.
If you have any questions, send an email to DIMI-IMIM@international.gc.ca.
Organizations invited to apply
- The AECF, formerly the Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund
- Alinea International
- Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)
- CECI - Centre for International Studies and Cooperation
- Centre for Trade Policy and Law
- Trade Facilitation Office (TFO) Canada
- The Trade Law Centre NPC (tralac)
- Trade Policy Training Centre in Africa (Trapca)
- TradeMark East Africa
- Public Risk Management Institute (PRISM)
Report a problem on this page
- Date Modified: